At the moment, we’ve got an unusual opportunity. There’s time. I wonder how you’re using it.
Even those of us who still have full days of work or study have quieter downtime at night and on the weekend.
There’s time to reflect, to think about how our lives measure up. Maybe you’ve already decided to change some things about your life. Well, what makes our lives worthwhile? How can we be sure that, at the end, they’ll measure up?
God tells us here that the story of our lives is not what you or I make of our lives. Our lives will matter because of what God is making. The One who made the universe made it for a reason. And He measures our lives against His standard, not ours.
So, whether my life or your life has real meaning isn’t measured by our money, our families, our happiness, or our success. God tells us here, in 1 Peter 2, that whether your life has meaning is measured by where Jesus is in it.
Video Playlist (with songs)
Video (Sermon only)
*Sermons can be downloaded by clicking on the three dots at top right.
Kids resources (from The Village Church)
Other helpful resources
- Enjoy more of Colin Buchanan at his YouTube channel
- Spend a day in prayer and fasting with this guide from the Gospel Coalition
- Memorise Heidelberg Catechism Q&A 1 “What is your only comfort in life and in death?” with this handwashing routine
- Hear Jesus’ counsel for the anxious with David Murray
- Plan Family Worship in your home
- Study the Bible using the COMA method or the Swedish method
- Delve into all sorts of Bible teaching for free from Ligonier
- Explore the big story of the Bible with God’s Big Picture or the Ridley College Bible Overview
- Travel the world to trace the story of Christianity in EPIC with Tim Challies
- Investigate the causes and effects of the Protestant Revolt with Westminster Theological Seminary
- Read the March edition of Australian Presbyterian magazine
- Buy a good Christian book from The Wandering Bookseller or Reformers Bookshop