Sunday 5th April 2020
Video Playlist (with songs)
*Sermons can be downloaded by clicking on the three dots at top right.
This advice from Jesse Johnson at The Cripplegate is helpful: Five ways to help your kids worship through live-stream
Download a kids activity sheet here
Other kids resources (from The Village Church)
Today’s Bible Reading: 1 Peter 1:13-2:3
13 Therefore, with minds that are alert and fully sober, set your hope on the grace to be brought to you when Jesus Christ is revealed at his coming. 14 As obedient children, do not conform to the evil desires you had when you lived in ignorance. 15 But just as he who called you is holy, so be holy in all you do; 16 for it is written: ‘Be holy, because I am holy.’
17 Since you call on a Father who judges each person’s work impartially, live out your time as foreigners here in reverent fear. 18 For you know that it was not with perishable things such as silver or gold that you were redeemed from the empty way of life handed down to you from your ancestors, 19 but with the precious blood of Christ, a lamb without blemish or defect. 20 He was chosen before the creation of the world, but was revealed in these last times for your sake. 21 Through him you believe in God, who raised him from the dead and glorified him, and so your faith and hope are in God.
22 Now that you have purified yourselves by obeying the truth so that you have sincere love for each other, love one another deeply, from the heart. 23 For you have been born again, not of perishable seed, but of imperishable, through the living and enduring word of God. 24 For,
‘All people are like grass,
and all their glory is like the flowers of the field;
the grass withers and the flowers fall,
25 but the word of the Lord endures for ever.’
And this is the word that was preached to you.
2 Therefore, rid yourselves of all malice and all deceit, hypocrisy, envy, and slander of every kind. 2 Like newborn babies, crave pure spiritual milk, so that by it you may grow up in your salvation, 3 now that you have tasted that the Lord is good.
Other helpful resources
- Enjoy more of Colin Buchanan at his YouTube channel
- Spend a day in prayer and fasting with this guide from the Gospel Coalition
- Memorise Heidelberg Catechism Q&A 1 “What is your only comfort in life and in death?” with this handwashing routine
- Hear Jesus’ counsel for the anxious with David Murray
- Plan Family Worship in your home
- Study the Bible using the COMA method or the Swedish method
- Delve into all sorts of Bible teaching for free from Ligonier
- Explore the big story of the Bible with God’s Big Picture or the Ridley College Bible Overview
- Travel the world to trace the story of Christianity in EPIC with Tim Challies
- Investigate the causes and effects of the Protestant Revolt with Westminster Theological Seminary
- Read the March edition of Australian Presbyterian magazine
- Buy a good Christian book from The Wandering Bookseller or Reformers Bookshop