The story of Presbyterians in Wodonga is part of the much larger story of God’s work in the world. Since the beginning, God has been calling people to hear His promises, to repent and trust in Him, and to worship Him in spirit and in truth. The good news of salvation through faith in Jesus Christ is spreading around the world, and we continue to proclaim it to anyone who will listen.
- 1842 Rev. Peter Gunn of the Gaelic Church in Melbourne was appointed by the Presbytery of Melbourne to visit Presbyterians who had settled in North East Victoria.
- 1851 Rev D.H. Ballantine was ordained by the Synod of Port Philip and appointed to minister in the Albury district.
- 1859 The first Presbyterian service in Wodonga was held in the Wodonga Courthouse in Sydney Road (High St).
- 1860 Presbytery of Beechworth was formed. Wodonga was part of the Albury Parish.
- 1883 Wodonga was attached to the Beechworth Parish.
- 1887 Wodonga was made a Home Mission Station.
- 1888 The original Manse was built in Church Street, on the corner of Huon Street.
- 1889 The original Presbyterian Church was built in High Street (now the Serbian Orthodox Church).
- 1927 Wodonga was raised to a fully sanctioned charge.
- 1930 Wodonga was amalgamated with the Kergunyah-Red Bluff-Kiewa Parish.
- 1950 A block of land purchased in Beechworth Road, on the corner of Nilmar Ave.
- 1962 St. Stephen’s Church was built in Beechworth Road.
- 1975 The Presbyterians and Methodists formed the Wodonga United Parish.
- 1977 The formation of the Uniting Church in Australia.
- 1982 Rev. G. Fintleman of North Albury wrote to the Presbytery of Benalla suggesting the re-establishment of the Presbyterian Church in Wodonga. 53 people gathered at Wodonga High School to re-commence Presbyterian Worship, as part of the Parish of Wangaratta. Services were later held at the original Presbyterian Church in High Street (which had become the Serbian Orthodox Church).
- 1985 Ian Touzel began his ministry in Wodonga, and was later ordained. Services moved to the Wodonga Baptist Church on the corner of Cummings St & Woodland Ave.
- 1986 The Manse in London Road was purchased.
- 1995 Rev. Ian Touzel accepted a call to the Cheltenham Presbyterian Church.
- 1995 Mr Brian McLeod-Boyle was appointed Home Missionary.
- 1998 Ian Leach was appointed as Exit Student, and subsequently ordained. Services were held at the Belvoir Special School in Silva Drive.
- 1998 The Church at 59 Mitchell Street was purchased, and the first service was held there on 21st November.
- 2001 The loan on the Manse was forgiven as part of the celebrations of the centenary of the Presbyterian Church of Australia.
- 2001 Rev. Ian Leach was called to the Parish of Koroit-Port Fairy.
- 2002 Rev. Neil McDonald was appointed to Wodonga.
- 2010 Rev. Neil McDonald was called to Rokeby Presbyterian Church in Tasmania. The Rutherglen congregation closed.
- 2013 Alan Horsburgh was appointed as resident supply preacher.
- 2019 Alan Horsburgh retired from Wodonga.
- 2022 Rev. Stuart Withers was appointed to Wodonga.